Assistant Quantity Surveyor
- Published: 13.01.2021
- published till: 13.02.2021
Assistant Quantity Surveyor - Fixed Term 6 month contract
We are looking for an Assistant Quantity Surveyor to join our growing business to support us on a major project in Barking.
The Assistant Quantity Surveyor will support the successful commercial delivery of consulting, design and delivery projects. The Assistant Quantity Surveyor will work closely with Quantity Surveyor to uphold company standards, ensuring best practice and company processes are adhered to, working in the best interests of the business.
- Undertake costing activities, under direction, utilising a sound working knowledge of the costing structure for a project
- Maintain materials on site records for monthly valuations.
- Produce cost to date reports to support effective and up-to-date forecasting of project positions.
- Produce and / or check accruals for plant, material and labour costing.
- Collate commercial data into regular reports.
- Measure completed works for allocated sections of works, for interim and final accounts, including recording agreements with client and subcontractor representatives.
- Assist in the valuation of change to the tendered work scope, ensuring that contract requirements are met in the level of detail and timeliness required of submissions.
- Accurately input agreed commercial information into project administration platforms.
- Maintain the established commercial administration systems.
- Administrate project and contractual correspondence, ensuring accuracy, uniformity and document control process is adhered to.
- Resolve material, plant and resource invoice queries and discrepancies.
- Support the recording and payment of subcontracted work, including processing of labour only subcontractor payments.
- Ensure that meeting minutes are taken and commercial actions are progressed and closed-out.
- Maintain communication links with both more senior and more junior project team staff.
- Assist in general in the commercial department.
Key Skills & Behaviours
- Maintain high personal safety and environmental standards in accordance with company policy.
- An understanding of the key principles of engineering contracts, principally the NEC form.
- A high level of IT literacy across packages including MS Office.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to work on different projects simultaneously and maintain accurate and efficient work.
- The ability to work closely with others, drawing information from a number of sources to provide the Quantity Surveyor with well-informed options and achieve best outcomes.
- Must be flexible and quick to adapt to support other work streams as and when required.
- The ability to work in a collaborative manner and achieve positive outcomes for the business.
Key Qualifications & Experience
- Previous site experience as a student or trainee Quantity Surveyor.
- Basic knowledge of construction industry scope, relationships and practice.
- Experience on civil engineering and / or rail projects.
- Minimum 2:1 BSc / level 6 NVQ in Quantity Surveying, or another related field.
- Experience on projects under the NEC