Principal Civil Engineer
- Location Chesterfield
- Annual salary: 55.000 - 65.000 GBP
- Published: 04.03.2023
- published till: 04.04.2023
Principal Engineer - Civil Engineering
Rhomberg Sersa UK is offering an exciting opportunity to join our expanding Consultancy & Engineering Services team based in Chesterfield. The successful candidate will bring skills in design, appreciation and interest in construction methods, willingness to learn and a professional approach.
To provide engineering solutions in tender, design, and delivery stages of projects, including acting as CRE as/where required for the design and/or construction. To participate in the development of the Consultancy (Engineering & Technical Services) team.
Your Key Accountabilities
- Engineering Quality Assurance (QA) on site independent from the Infrastructure Delivery Team (Engineer)
- Planning, estimating and logistics for solutions designed in house or by others
- Support in the development and application of digital engineering methods, processes, and tools
- Generation of design scopes for subcontractor procurement and management
- Planning of design services for tendering and management of delivery
- Risks captured for tender review and throughout design process and/or transfer to construction phase planning
- Interfaces surrounding key disciplines identified, described, and managed
- Design for construction at all stages from concept to delivery
- Best viable solution to suit customer and circumstances
- Design checking
- Design Reports including system descriptions, design summary etc.
Required Attributes, Behaviours and Skills
- Commercial & Financial Awareness
- Innovation & Problem Solving
- Planning & Organising
- Development of Self and Others
- Management of Safety, Health, Environment and Quality
- Demonstrate initiative and lead a team
Required Qualifications / Experience
- Degree level qualification in Engineering (civil or structural preferred)
- Chartered Engineer or working towards professional membership of a relevant institution.
- Able to demonstrate significant experience with or in one or more (design and or construction) area:
- Reinforced concrete for slabs, pavements, or beams
- Precast concrete
- Foundations, such as:
- Soil stabilisation
- Track systems & components
- P-Way design
- Formation & Drainage
- Management of subcontractors delivering survey, GI and design services.
- Experience/capability to act as CRE
- Fully conversant with CDM regulations
- IT skills covering ideally:
- BIM (as many aspects as possible)
- Some CAD tools.
- CDE e.g. Bentley ProjectWise use.
- Agile Working
- Car Allowance
- 25 days leave plus Public Holidays per year
- Private Medical Insurance
- Life Assurance 2 times your basic salary
- Cycle to work scheme
- Enhanced maternity, paternity, shared parental leave pay
- 2 CSR days per year
- Buy and Sell Holidays
- Professional Development & Fees paid to one association