Principal Engineer (Track or Civils)
- Published: 12.01.2021
- published till: 12.02.2021
Principal Engineer - Track or Civils
Rhomberg Sersa UK is offering an exciting opportunity to join our expanding Consultancy (Engineering & Technical) Services team based in Chesterfield. The successful candidate will bring skills in design, appreciation and interest in construction methods, willingness to learn and a professional approach.
Principal Engineer - Role Purpose
To provide engineering solutions in tender, design, and delivery stages of projects, including acting as CRE as/where required for the design and/or construction. To participate in the development of the Consultancy (Engineering & Technical Services) team.
Reporting to Consultancy Group Manager. The expectation to supervise interns, apprentices and graduates and other engineers in the team according to volume of work and further development of the department. Line management responsibilities will be assigned as the team builds.
- Engineering Quality Assurance (QA) on site independent from the Infrastructure Delivery Team (Engineer)
- Planning, estimating and logistics for solutions designed in house or by others
- Support in the development and application of digital engineering methods, processes, and tools
- Generation of design scopes for subcontractor procurement and management
- Planning of design services for tendering and management of delivery
- Risks captured for tender review and throughout design process and/or transfer to construction phase planning
- Interfaces surrounding key disciplines identified, described, and managed
- Design for construction at all stages from concept to delivery
- Best viable solution to suit customer and circumstances
- Design checking
- Design Reports including system descriptions, design summary etc.
Key Skills & Behaviours
- Commercial & Financial Awareness
- Innovation & Problem Solving
- Planning & Organising
- Development of Self and Others
- Management of Safety, Health, Environment and Quality
- Demonstrate initiative and lead a team
Key Qualifications & Experience
- Degree level qualification in Engineering (civil or structural preferred)
- Chartered Engineer or working towards professional membership of a relevant institution.
- Able to demonstrate significant experience with or in one or more (design and or construction) area:
§ Precast concrete
§ Foundations, such as:
· Soil stabilisation
§ Track systems & components
§ P-Way design
§ Formation & Drainage
Management of subcontractors delivering survey, GI and design services.
Experience/capability to act as CRE
Fully conversant with CDM regulations
IT skills covering ideally:
§ BIM (as many aspects as possible)
§ Some CAD tools.
§ CDE e.g. Bentley ProjectWise use.
Direct applications only, we do not accept or reply to CV’s or telephone calls from recruitment agencies.