Project Manager (Rail Infrastructure)
The Project Manager will be responsible for the planning, management, coordination and financial control of projects from conception through to project close-out. Also, to define and maintain standardised project management processes / standards.
Project Manager reports directly into the Senior Project Manager.
- Driving the programme of projects forward to achieve optimum delivery of outputs including appropriate planning, structuring and sequencing tasks, dependencies and activities.
- Leading the project delivery team and managing HSEA, overseas suppliers, programme achievements, risks, opportunities and issues in accordance with Client standards and Company processes.
- Reviewing project delivery budget and resourcing, driving governance arrangements to support appropriate / regular accurate reporting.
- Maintaining relationships with key customers and stakeholders, ensuring effective and robust communication plans are agreed and in place.
- Implementing quality and efficiency improvement initiatives for projects.
- Supporting business transformation programmes and delivery performance improvements across the Project and Operations division.
- Define and maintain standards / processes for project management within the business operations division.
- Support the Senior Project Manager with bid management activities as required.
- Drive and support Social Impact agendas / initiatives.
- Mentor / coach Assistant Project Managers.
Key Skills & Attributes
- Excellent project management skills including a range of, methodologies, techniques, tools and emerging trends.
- Strong leadership skills, motivating and inspiring confidence in others.
- High levels of flexibility, adaptability and broad thinking.
- Logical thinker with strong technical and problem-solving skills.
- Proven track record within sub-contractor / supplier management and commercial acumen.
- Starter / finisher mentality
- Commercial / Financial management skills, including forecasting.
- NEC contract skills
- 5 years+ experience in Project Management of Rail Infrastructure/ civil engineering projects sector.
- Must be Princee2 Foundation and Practitioner certified
- Degree qualified within a Project Management or construction related field or equivalent experience.
- Technically competent with various software programs, including but not limited to Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio), Microsoft Project, Primervera P6, BIM models.
- Excellent communications skills (report writing, verbal and presentations).
- Proven experience in management of customer expectations, stakeholders and developing strong relationships across the business.
RSUK welcomes all applications regardless of age, disability, marital status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, transgender status, sex (or gender), employment status, trade union affiliation, or another irrelevant factor. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.
Direct applications only - no agency applications will be considered