- Published: 11.01.2021
- published till: 24.01.2021
Start 2021 with a new role.
We are looking for Site Engineers to join our growing Infrastructure Delivery team, working on iconic projects . Not only will you be utilising your rail and civils knowledge but learning about our unique slab track installation.
Ensuring the design, planning and delivery conforms to the technical requirements. Working closely with supervision to aid in ensuring projects are delivered; safely, to the right quality and within programme and budget. The Site Engineer will be expected to support, coach, and develop other members of the team and seek ways to continuously improve themselves, the team and division.
- Lead, manage, coach, and develop the team including all aspects of people management (appraisals, employee relations, recruitment etc) to ensure that all team members have correct levels of competency and qualification to undertake their role.
- Ensure professional development plans and performance reviews are in place for all direct reports.
- Provide mentorship to Assistant & Graduate Engineers and other members of the Infrastructure Delivery team as appropriate.
- Liaising with the client representative, designers, the RSUK Consultancy & Engineering Division over design issues/changes
- Working closely with the supervisors in managing sections of the work for individual schemes, including planning.
- Responsible in ensuring records are kept for delivered material and to ensure all materials used on site are in line with the specification.
- Carry out adequate checks on subcontractor materials as appropriate.
- Carry out assurance checks are required by the Principal Engineer
- Establish and review of records; calibration documents and check registers for all instruments on site, including subcontractor’s instruments.
- Keep accurate records for excavations, reduce dig, concrete pours, reinforcement etc.
- Carry out and review surveys of completed works to record as-built conditions.
- Assist in drafting and reviewing method statements and inspection and test plans, project quality plans.
- To comply with requirements outlined in environmental management plan.
- Provide support to the engineering Manager with tendering work
- Good understanding of current legislation, CDM 2015 and Network Rail standards.
- Full valid UK driving licence
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of the development and implementation of quality management.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise workload
- Coaching and leading Assistant & Graduate Engineers to support learning and continuous improvement
- Good IT skills (Word, Excel, Emails)
- CAD and 3D modelling skills
- Good understanding of BIM technologies
- Attention to detail
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing
- Surveying / setting out
Key Qualifications & Experience
- HNC Civil Engineer or minimum 5yrs+ in the rail industry
- Member of the institute of Civil Engineer (MICE)
- Management of programs of work, ensuring the project runs to schedule
- Experience of influencing and supporting site management, with monitoring, dealing with subcontractors and finding solutions to problems that may cause delays or extra costs.
- CSCS card
- PTS including AC/DC
Direct applications only - no agency applications will be considered