- Location London
- Location Wigan
- Published: 30.03.2021
- published till: 30.04.2021
Team Leader - Rail Infrastructure
Salary: £27,500 to £36,000 depending on experience
We are looking for a talented Team Leader to join our growing Infrastructure Delivery Team. It's a new role with the opportunity to develop and progress. This is a hands-on role and so experience of working in the Rail Industry and on Track is essential.
The team leader works as part of a multi skilled and disciplined team and is responsible for ensuring all works, as instructed by the supervisor, is completed safely, to the right quality and to programme. This role will also deputise for the supervisor as required.
- Carry out work as directed by the Supervisor.
- Confirm that all staff under their control have valid certificated levels of competency to undertake the tasks.
- Implement Safe Systems of Work
- Responsible for carrying out assessment of work progress with that planned, agreeing remedial action with Supervisor, as necessary.
- Ensure works are carried out safely in accordance with Rules, Regulations and Safety Procedures.
- Prepare and submit appropriate Daily Work Returns (Planned v’s Actual) within the appropriate timescales.
- Provide coaching and mentoring to team members
- Provide feedback to support performance reviews
Key Skills & Attributes
- Valid full UK driving licence
- Good communication skills, both in person and in writing
- Keen to develop new skills
- Attention to detail
- Conscientious, reliable, and hard working
- Ability and drive to develop new skills
- the ability to gain competencies as required by the business (identified within the RSUK competency framework)
- Provide support as required to other divisions within RSUK.
Key Qualifications & Experience
- Rail Infrastructure or track experience -3 years minimum
- Some supervisory experience
- English and Maths GCSE or equivalent
- Good IT skills; emails, site reports
- Emergency first aid
- Working knowledge of the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 relating to the railway
- Ideally educated to NVQ level 3 in civil or rail engineering
- Professional qualification - PWI or ICE (Engineering Technician) desirable
Direct applications only - no agency applications will be considered